Aldea Kogui, Sierra nevada de Santa Marta
The city of Santa Marta is a destination difficult to forget. It is the oldest city in South America and therefore has a historical and cultural legacy with colonial treasures. Thanks to its excellent geographical location, it is possible to have it all, countless ecosystems thanks to the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and wonderful inlets of white sand and crystalline waters that are formed at the foot of this coastal mountain thanks to the waters of the Caribbean Sea. Its unequaled architectural heritage is worth appreciating if you visit the city.
Departure from your hotel or lodging place, City tour, passing the main avenues and visiting the following places:
- Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, an old sugar factory where the liberator of the city spent his last days.
Here you can see three different collections, the historical collection, the modern collection and the botanical garden
- Cathedral Basilica Menor, the oldest cathedral in Colombia, where the remains of the liberated Simón Bolívar were and are now those of the founder of the city Rodrigo de Bastidas.
- Museum of gold or House of Customs, where the liberator Simón Bolívar was alive and dead, today is the gold museum. An extraordinary collection, which puts into context the cultural heritage and a beautiful restored colonial house that invite you to explore the past and present of Santa Marta, the Department of Magdalena and the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta.
- Tour through the city, passing by the main avenues, making a stop at the monument to “Pibe Valderrama”, where they will have free time to take photos.
Panoramic of Taganga or Rodadero (Client’s choice).
Back to the hotel.
Recommendations for the tour Santa Marta City Tour.
- On monday the Museo del Oro is closed every week.
- On sunday the Museo del Oro closes at 3:00 pm. Please take into account the museum entrance depends on the route.
- During December 24th and 31th, the Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino is open until 1:00 pm. Check City Tour availability during the morning from our contact channels (Chat, whatsapp, email)
- On Junuary 1th 2020, the Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino is closed.
This plan is ideal for family outings or groups of friends who want to enjoy the wonders of nature, meet different species of fauna and flora, swim in magnificent beaches and the relaxing panorama of an intensely blue sea. Those who are attracted to more exciting and varied activities will be able to enjoy walks, horseback riding, swimming, face-care and autonomous diving.
- Departure from an agreed meeting point passing through the city center, taking the Troncal del Caribe highway for 45 minutes as the route to the main entrance to Tayrona Park (El Zaino).
- Technical stop to buy the entrance to the Tayrona National Natural Park.
- Transfer for 10 minutes by car to the Cañaveral parking lot where an ecological tour begins.
- Guided ecological walk for about 1 hour from the Cañaveral sector to the Arrecifes sector. (beautiful place to enjoy the scenery and take pictures).
- 40-minute walk through a mixed area between beaches and tropical forest passing through the beaches of Arenillas and La Piscina, until reaching Cabo San Juan del Guía.
- Free time to have lunch and enjoy the beautiful beach of Cabo San Juan.
- Ecological walk back for 1.40 hours along the same path to reach the parking lot and take the vehicle to return to Santa Marta.
Cristal Beach: Cove with white sand and crystal clear waters, ideal for those seeking contemplation and rest. This wonderful place has unique characteristics that make it a magical place where you can see beautiful coral bottoms, ideal for face-diving and autonomous diving. It is an excellent plan for family trips or with friends.
Departure from an agreed meeting point passing through the city center, taking the Troncal del Caribe highway as a route and in the sector known as “Palangana”, take a detour through the second entrance to the Tayrona National Natural Park.
- Continuation of the tour to the National Parks box office with a duration of approximately 15 minutes.
- Technical stop to buy the entrance ticket to the Tayrona National Natural Park.
- Transfer by car to the Playa de las Siete Olas. During this journey you can see a tropical dry forest made up of cacti and shrubs and if you are lucky you will be able to see some birds or mammals that are also common in this sector.
- Visit the viewpoint of the seven waves, where you can enjoy the scenery and take pictures.
- Travel by car for 10 minutes to Neguanje, where you board a boat for 10 minutes that will take you to Playa Cristal.
- Free time to enjoy the sea, the sun or a snorkeling activity * (Not Included) The place is characterized by having beautiful coral reefs and colorful fish.
- Vehicle tour back to Santa Marta, Taganga or Rodadero.
Minca is a small coffee town located in the lower part of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, in which different rivers, humid tropical vegetation can be appreciated and thanks to its excellent location, it makes it a unique and special place, ideal for adventurers looking to dive into the lush vegetation, meet endemic species, and discover unparalleled landscapes.
- 08:45 AM departure from the accommodation (Santa Marta, Taganga or Rodadero) for 50 minutes to the town of Minca. There you will be received by the guides of the excursion and you will receive a welcome talk.
- You will take an ecological walk for 1 hour passing through the different sectors of the town (residential area, spa area and restaurant area) until you reach a local farm where you will share basic knowledge about the coffee process, you will be shown the plant of the Coffee in its natural environment and you can taste a delicious organic coffee.
- Then you will walk for 40 minutes to a natural pool where you can swim and enjoy nature for approximately 1 hour. After that, you will walk back along the ecological path for 45 minutes to the place where you will have lunch.
Taganga, is a fishing village located just 15 minutes by car from the city center. Its bay surrounded by mountains achieve a unique setting that keeps a wonderful natural beauty from where you can see beautiful sunsets that characterize the place. It is an ideal place to practice certified diving or snorkeling because of its beautiful and calm bay and besides being the starting point to visit the almost virgin neighboring beaches.
Departure at 9:00 am, from your hotel or place of accommodation.
- Panoramic city tour.
- Stop at the Taganga viewpoint to take photographs and enjoy the scenery.
- Panoramic tour in Taganga, a fishing village located fifteen minutes north of Santa Marta in a bay surrounded by mountains.
- Boat transfer from Taganga to Playa Grande.
- Free time to enjoy the place.
- Facing activity.
- Back to the hotel.